The Nugget is hiring TWO part-time Assistant Editors to work alongside our team of amazing media staff. If you’re interested in working in a fun, student-friendly environment… read on!
Are you someone looking for a place to push past your comfort zone, create community and explore storytelling in the exciting world of new media? The NAIT Nugget may be the place for you.
We are looking for Assistant Editors who are passionate about campus life and events to engage the student body. The Nugget isn’t just a newspaper anymore. Print media as we know it is effectively dying, however as the next generation we have a chance to revitalize and redefine what future media looks like, both in print and online.
If you are knowledgeable, creative and interested in being an influencer of the student voice, please apply. The job can be challenging at times, but it is more than worth it!
Before you apply, consider if you have the following traits important to this position:
- Organized – There are lots of moving pieces to a media machine, so we need individuals that have great time management skills.
- Reliable – Consistency is important, showing up to weekly meetings is a must for this role.
- Problem Solver – Media is always shifting, seeing solutions to the unexpected is key!
- Writing – Even if you don’t have a lot of experience, you’ll just need a strong desire to learn and grow.
Basics of the Job
The specific responsibilities allocated to this position include, but are not limited to, the items below:
- Tracking Down Stories – Finding interesting stories to feature in the school newspaper and online.
- Helping out Around the Office – Supporting lead editors where needed.
- Sharing Your Experience – Sharing what we do with students that may like to contribute.
Reports to: Media Operations Manager
- Applicants must be a current student enrolled at NAIT.
- Strong command of the English language is a valuable asset.
- Familiarity using popular social media platforms is vital to this role.
The Assistant Editor is a part-time term position (September 2017 through April 2018) and is an excellent opportunity for students to be formally involved in campus life and makes an excellent addition to a future resumé. The salary for this position is $250 per month.
For more information about The Nugget please visit our website at thenuggetonline.com
This posting will remain open until both positions are filled.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by completing this online application, and uploading PDF versions of your resume and cover letter addressed to Nicole Murphy, Media Operations Manager.
You can expect a confirmation email once we have received your application. While we appreciate all applications for employment, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
We look forward to seeing your application!